Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Getaway Spot

No, it's not part II of the rap saga...sorry Anna. It is coming soon I promise!!


Today I found myself thinking about one of my favorite spots, Destin. It was definitely my go-to in college if I was having a bad day, needed to fulfill a shopping craving, or just wanted to see the beautiful blue gulf shore. I can't count the number of times I hopped in my car and made the 2 hour drive on a whim just to escape and get some alone time. 

The Emerald Grande Resort, where we worked
Eric, Katie, and I on the pontoon boat in Crab Island!!

Growing up in Northern Virginia I had never even heard of the place, or understood what the hype was about the REAL Florida beaches. Thank goodness I completed my internship for my major at the good old Emerald Grande Resort. It wasn't always the most glamorous summer, but I met some of my best friends to this day and we had an absolute blast. I am slightly depressed that Destin is more like a 15 hour drive rather than a 2 hour one now, but someday when I'm rich and famous I'm SO buying property there.


Where is your "happy place?" If you don't have one, you really should! Feel free to try out mine! :)

1 comments:

Anna said...

Not the most glamorous summer? False.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By My Aiken Heart