Tuesday, January 17, 2012

JULYYYYY

I'm back after a long updating hiatus! I've been pretty busy/down in the dumps lately with work. I decided to stop complaining and take action. 2 weeks notice and I am out-of-here! 
Let's not discuss the irrational decision making or potential lengthy unemployment period, please and thank you.

Onto the recap. Maybe I'll finish before next New Years...

July was quite a month.

During the last weekend of June/beginning of July, I was finally getting certified to teach spin. The class was on a Sunday and was 8 hours of instructional SPINNING FUN. I somehow got persuaded to go out that Saturday night before. Worst. Decision. Ever. When you're goofily drunkenly grinning at the instructor-of-all-spin-instructors during the hardest part of the ride, she will not hesitate to call you out in front of the whole group. Fun fact. That was a rough 8 hours. The night was fun though I suppose, minus the fact that Brandon and I were galavanting across Georgetown holding hands at one point. He didn't even have my number yet. I'm really good at being sly and mysterious like that.


Also, I informed him that I don't dance. (I have ZERO rhythm) Then this happened...several times...
...and let's not discuss how much I miss my Florida/summer tan.. :(


And what do ya know, I danced. I'm sure it was a sight..

Believe it or not, I got my spinning certification...on 4 hours of sleep. I think I deserve an extra special certification for that accomplishment. 

Deanna and I tried to throw a 4th of July party. Unfortunately we forgot that we don't actually have any friends.... So no one showed up and we ended up taking our festive party treats to a more popular get together down the street. Womp womp womppppp.
Grillmaster with the fuzzy slippers
Friends since high school :) We ended up having a fun night, people really loved our tequila jello shots, NOT

I volunteered at the "Best of Washington" event on behalf of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I got to check in the VIP's at the beautiful National Building Museum venue and try out all of DC's best restaurants and bakeries. Not a bad deal if you ask me. 

I got to visit on of my favorite cities, Boston! It is always a plus if I can go in the summer when it's still bearable and not a big freezing wind tunnel.. My cousin Katie and one of my good friends from college also named Katie both live there. It was so nice to see them, and one of my long lost friends from high school, Sara, as well!
My other cousin's girlfriend Alex, my cousin Katie, and I

I received an unexpected text from one of my closest friends, Reynolds. "How far is Baltimore from you?" Of course he had no idea that he was only an hour away. (Florida people problems...) Anyways, I jumped in the car and spent the afternoon with him and his friends at some hipster art festival. It's always so comforting to be with the people who know you the best. He filled me in on all of his European backpacking escapades, and we had the best brunch EVER at Miss Shirley's. If any of you are ever in Baltimore on the weekend you MUST go.

We went tubing down the river on a Livingsocial adventure. It wasn't quite Bear Paw, but for Northern Virginia it was pretty close! (and no alligators was an added plus :))

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By My Aiken Heart