Monday, June 27, 2011

Things that I don't miss about Tallahassee...



While there are plenty of things that I miss about college life, which I will probably include in a sappy post to follow...there are SEVERAL things I was glad to leave in tally....


1. Campus Walk Apartments...my...home?
Ah, yes...the life of luxury. Ok so I only lived here the last 4 months of my senior year due to some crazy girl-on-girl all night block parties in my original, very-normal, place. Basically I lived on the third floor of this motel-like shack. Living by myself after 3 years of random roommate insanity was nice, but there were literally ZERO college students....or people who even graduated high school for that matter. I have a brand new appreciation for pad locks, central air, and dishwashers, let's just say that. 

Here is West 10...my first apartment.....

"Tallahassee's premier student housing" where you better have starved yourself for about 3 months before hitting the pool....I guess the hood life at Campus Walk did have it's perks...

2. The men of Tallahassee....

I mean I don't know if it was a Florida thing...or greek life thing...or what....but here were the choices:

 (courtesy of totalfratmove.com...shocking)

 .......passs..........

3. Logan's Roadhouse

This was one of my more enjoyable waitressing gigs...however the Tallahassee locals and my less-than-average peanut sweeping skills made it very easy to say goodbye.
(although my yee-haw birthday shout-outs will forever go down in history)....


- I don't know what salmon well-done means
- steak well-done-not-burnt doesn't make sense
- no there are not free refills on the fruit teas
- yes you can in fact...throw the peanuts on the ground....but please don't because I don't want to clean after you and your family of fourteen
- a verbal tip doesn't compensate for you leaving me $70 on $69.75
-thank god Ale House was open next door until 2 am.....


I could go on forever.......


I guess the point is, Tallahassee provided the best four years of my life. All good things come to an end, and I don't think I could survive another semester in that place. So everyone who still has time left, live it up! And to those moving on, there could be worse things. :)

2 comments:

Anna said...

Don't lie. You miss Logan's.

Sharon Anderson said...

Thanks for sharing the information. Tallahassee is the capital and the 7th-largest city in the U.S state of Florida. We provide best student accommodation Tallahassee,.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By My Aiken Heart