Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Updates

Sorry blog world, life has been crazy lately. Talk about transitions! A lot has been going on in the past month. But first and foremost, tell me everyone isn't embarrassingly as obsessed with this song as I am....
I had to choose the video made by a few of my lovely sorority sisters, and special appearance from Sir Fidel of course. Anyone who has negative perceptions of sorority life...this is honestly Phi Mu in a nutshell. Sometimes I really miss college.

Speaking of sorority life, my big sister Anna got married a few weeks ago. Check out the guest blog I wrote for her while she was on her honeymoon! I was in her wedding, so the boyfriend and I made the drive down to South Carolina for the festivities. It's oddly emotional to see such a good friend walk down the aisle and into the next chapter of her life. When did we get this old?! The wedding was a blast and absolutely perfect. Anna looked like a porcelain doll, she was literally breathtaking. It was also so nice to see all my long distance best friends. We stayed in this very pretty but perhaps slightly haunted bed and breakfast called the Rosemary. 
We danced the night away at the wedding, and I was on cloud nine. Anna and Mike were glowing, and I was back with all the people I love and miss so much. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend:




In other news, I started my new j-o-b! The training period was overwhelming but I'm getting the hang of things. I love my coworkers, and the day flies by. There is so much to do throughout the day that 5 o'clock is there before I know it. I also have the prettiest drive on GW parkway every morning. Check out my view!
Above all, I'd say everything is finally falling into place. I have the best friends, roommates, boyfriend, and family that a girl could ask for. Now the countdown is on until Brandon and I jet set to Jamaica for all-inclusive sun, sand, and cocktails in paradise! 
I definitely have a much greater appreciation for the weekend now that I'm on a real person 8-5 work schedule. I've spent my Sunday baking, and laying around on the couch with my roommate watching The Descendants. Hello samoa cupcakes and peanut butter brownies....They turned out fantastically if I do say so myself.

Above all, life is perfect, and I couldn't be happier. Thank you to all of the special people in my life, I feel so blessed!

Hope everyone has a good week, only 5 more days until Easter weekend! More baked treats to come....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By My Aiken Heart